Do not arrive before your pre-booked time slot as this can cause traffic congestion and prevent emergency vehicle access.
If you are using a hire van for your visit, please read the information below before completing a booking.
You might need to bring a hire van to the tip. If this is the case, and you do not know the registration plate, please use your own vehicles reg to complete the form. You will see a tick box for hire vans on the form. Please use this and when you visit, our team will have been updated.
Site Opening Hours:
Monday to Friday, 5pm to 7.30pm (last entry)
Saturday 10am to 1.30pm (Last Entry)
Please Note: If you arrive without a booking, you will not be able to access the site.
Balfron Household Recycling Centre is operating under a booking system to assist with managing traffic and social distancing.
Please Note: Vehicles arriving before the opening hours will be turned away to limit traffic disruption on the surrounding roads.
Stirling residents can reserve a 10 minute slot through our online form, or by calling the Council’s Contact Centre on 01786 404040.
Residents will be able to view availability for the next seven days, starting on Monday, with a two-day gap between booking and accessing the site. This two-day gap gives our team time to prepare for busier periods.
Bookings are available to Stirling residents (only) on a first come, first served basis and are limited to 2 per vehicle, per week.
Social distancing rules are in place on site and you will also be asked to remain in your vehicle at all times until you reach the skip areas.
Please be patient as we endeavour to ensure our customers can continue to use our site services as safely as possible.
- Car Batteries
- Cardboard (boxes must be flattened and all contents must be removed)
- Electrical appliances: large and small (e.g., kettles, toasters, microwaves, cables, ovens, dishwashers, washing machines etc.)
- Fridges/Freezers (Domestic types only – items must be empty and hygienic). No chest/deep freezers, No American wide-fronted units, No units with glass-fronted doors, No gas/ammonia units
- Garden Waste (No large branches, No soil or stones)
- Gas Cylinders (UK units only – we can accept: Callor, Flowgas, MacGas, jGas) Please note: LPG gas bottles should be returned to the supplier to reclaim your deposit and are usually refillable.
- Glass Bottles and Jars
- Engine Oil (motor oil)
- Lawn mowers and strimmers (electric or petrol units - must be empty of all fuel)
- Paint (hardened household paint only – tins disposed of in ‘non-recyclable waste’ skip). Paint hardener can be purchased from DIY stores, alternatively you can use saw dust or sand
- Paper (e.g., office paper, magazines, junk mail, newspapers)
- Scrap metal
- Soil, rubble and earth (No turf - Please note: visitors are required to shovel this material directly into the available skip, no tipping on ground permitted)
- Textiles (clothing and linen in good condition only – No pillows or duvets)
- TVs and monitors
- Wood/Timber/MDF (items must be entirely constructed of wood)
- Non-recyclable waste (general waste – e.g., black sacks, mattresses, lounge suites etc.)
X Liquids, chemicals, fuels or solvents (other than engine oil and hardened household paint tins)
In order to make a booking, we will need your vehicle registration number and an email address.
You can only visit Balfron tip once a week. Providing your registration will help stop the misuse of our site as per our terms and conditions of use. We will check your vehicle registration against the DVLA database to make sure it is valid.
We will ask for your email to allow us to send you a booking confirmation. This will provide you with a link to let you return to your booking in the event you want to cancel or re-arrange. If you do not have an email address, you can book over the phone via our Customer Contact Centre. You can phone between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday to make a booking.
Our Privacy Notice will provide you with further details.
Last updated: Friday, September 17, 2021 1:08 PM