Stirling Council, in partnership with Clackmannanshire Council and the University of Stirling, has secured an investment of £90.2m, from both the Scottish and UK Governments, in the form of a City Region Deal (CRD). This deal covering the wider Stirling and Clackmannanshire region is structured to provide investment in Innovation, Digital, Culture, Heritage and Tourism, Active Travel and Connectivity over the next 10 to 15 years.
The deal will also act as a catalyst to unlock substantial additional investment from both Councils, the University and the wider private sector.
Core to the City Region Deal is the generation of inclusive economic growth for the region.
The role of the City Region Deal Team is to work with our regional partners, the Scottish and UK Governments and our private sector colleagues to:
- shape the Business Cases required to access the investment
- develop and drive the implementation and delivery plans for the constituent investment projects
- develop and monitor the societal and economic benefits that are to be unlocked
The Stirling and Clackmannanshire Deal also has seven key areas of investment:
- Culture, Heritage & Tourism
- Capital Fund for Clackmannanshire
- Transport, Connectivity & Low Carbon
- Skills and Inclusion
You can also read our news story from the Deal Signing in February 2020.
Last updated: Tuesday, April 27, 2021 7:57 PM