We deal with the administration and collection of Rates for all business properties in the Stirling area. The Business Rates Team can help you with any Rates enquiry and offer advice in connection with the various reliefs and reductions available:
- Payment enquiries for individual Rates accounts
- Property enquiries including Rateable Values and rates payable
- Empty property relief
- Disabled Person relief
- Small Business Relief
- Charitable Relief
- Sports Club Relief
- Exemption from Rates for places of worship
- Fresh Start Relief
- Advice about payment of arrears of rates.
You can pay for invoices and non-domestic rates online. The Business Rates Guidance and Calculator may also be useful to you.
Please contact us by using our Business Form or by calling 01786 233175.
Hospitality Transitional Relief Scheme
All properties liable for Business Rates have been revalued from 01 April 2017. To help with the additional cost to businesses, the Scottish Government have introduced a one year transitional relief scheme for properties in the hospitality industry.
The transitional relief scheme is for one year only (2017-18) and the amount of relief awarded, if applicable, will restrict any increase to 12.5% in real terms.
Eligible properties could be as follows:
- Bed and Breakfast accommodation
- Camping Site
- Caravan (as a non-domestic subject)
- Caravan Site
- Chalet and Holiday Huts
- Guest house, hotel and hostels
- Public House
Renewable Energy Generation from water only (including waves and tides but excluding production from pumped storage of water) and having a installed capacity of up to 1 megawatt:
- Self-Catering holiday accommodation
- Time Share accommodation
If a property is vacant, you cannot claim transitional relief.
An application form will be issued shortly to allow you to apply for this relief, if you are eligible.
To make a payment or enquire about charges contact the Rates Team on 01786 233175.
Freedom of Information Requests
List of Small write-offs as at 22.04.2021. Small balance write-offs are carried out once per year and are for credits of less than £10.00.
- New liabilities for May 2021
- New liabilities for April 2021
- New liabilities for March 2021
- New liabilities for February 2021
- New liabilities for January 2021
- New liabilities for December 2020
- New liabilities for November 2020
- New liabilities for October 2020
- New liabilities for September 2020
- New liabilities for August 2020
- New liabilities for July 2020
- New liabilities for June 2020
Last updated: Thursday, June 10, 2021 10:45 AM