How do I apply for ASN transport
- A discussion at a staged intervention meeting will decide whether to request transport.
- School will submit the ASN Transport Request form including whether an escort is required.
- The ASN transport officer will authorise the request.
- ASN transport will be reviewed regularly at staged intervention meetings.
What happens next?
- The ASN transport officer will be in touch to tell you the name of the transport operator and escort if applicable.
- The operator will contact you with the pick-up and drop-off point and estimated collection time.
Please note the pick-up and drop-off times may vary as the route is altered, or other pupils are added or removed from the route. The operator will keep you informed.
- Parents/carers are responsible for the safety and care of their children at the pick-up and drop-off point.
- Parents/carers are responsible for good timekeeping - transport should be consistent to within a few minutes either side allowing for traffic or weather conditions.
- Parents/carers must ensure there is a responsible adult at home or drop-off point. If there is no responsible adult at home time, and parents or carers cannot be contacted, operators are advised to contact either the headteacher or the ASN transport officer for advice. They will then attempt to contact you, or your emergency contacts so that arrangements can be made for you to pick up your child.
Further information is available in: