Application for National Entitlement Card

See Rail Concessionary Travel information at bottom of page
Free bus travel for older and disabled people anywhere in Scotland

If you are over 60, disabled, registered blind, partially sighted or if you have an eligible mental health problem, you can apply for a National Entitlement  Card, which will give you free travel on buses throughout Scotland.

Young Scot

If you are aged between 16 and 18 years old you will receive a Young Scot National Entitlement Card, which will allow you a third off your bus journeys in Scotland and discounts on rail travel.

Completing an Application Form

You can print off and complete this Application Form and bring it along with proof of eligibility to Stirling Bus Station, Goosecroft Road, Stirling in person, where staff will verify your documents to confirm your address, identity and evidence of eligibility.

If you do not have access to a printer at home you may ask for an application form to be posted to your home address by contacting us using the contact details to the right.

Acceptable Proofs

A complete list of acceptable proofs is available via the National Entitlement Card website.

NCT002 Mental Health Certificates, NCT002a Learning Disability Certificates and NCT003 Epilepsy Certificates for the National Travel Concession are available to download for completion by an authorised person and should be submitted with the rest of your proofs.

If you don't have proof of photograph, please have the Photo Referee's Declaration on the application form completed by an appropriate Referee.  Attach a passport type photo of yourself that has been endorsed, signed and dated by the Referee.


Once your application has been processed and approved, your National Entitlement Card will be delivered to your home address.

Lost or damaged card

If you have lost or damaged your bus pass you can order a replacement by contacting Stirling Council, see contact details.  A replacement bus pass will be posted to you in approximately 7-10 days.  You will not have to pay for your replacement bus pass but you will have to pay to travel until your new bus pass arrives.

If you have more than one National Entitlement Card

If you have more than one card, only the highest issue number will be valid for travel.

Rail Concessionary Travel

Rail concessionary travel is available to Stirling Council residents who are visually impaired.

The C Symbol

The large 'C' symbol in the bottom right-hand corner indicates that you are entitled to Scotland-wide free bus travel.

The eye symbol

The eye symbol means that the cardholder is blind or partially sighted and is also entitled to the National Blind Scheme Concessions for free travel by bus and rail throughout Scotland.

The +1 symbol

The +1 symbol means that a companion may accompany the cardholder for free when travelling by bus in Scotland; companions cannot travel free on trains.

Scotrail offer other rail discounts

Rate this Page